High quality manufacturing in the UK
In June 2016, 52% of the UK voted to leave the European Union (EU). The UK formally withdrew from the EU on the 31st January 2020 and the transition period is now over as of 31st December 2020.
The Brexit issue was an especially polarising one but, whatever your thoughts on the matter, it is clear that the UK's economy needs to be protected. That's why, now more than ever before, it is crucial to support UK manufacturers like Lantex.
Buying UK-manufactured products is beneficial in countless ways.
- Helps to protect UK jobs and creates more much-needed employment
- Maintains manufacturing skills in the UK
- Helps to keep up UK standards of quality, which are some of the best in the world
- Improves customer service in numerous ways, such as offering complete traceability and ensuring the continuity of supply. It also provides faster turnaround times and thus shorter waiting times for customers
- Results in more competitive prices. There are no tariffs to pay and transport costs are dramatically reduced. Any fluctuations in the rate of currency exchange do not affect UK prices
- Less negative impacts on the environment. Transporting goods by road, rail, sea and air create high carbon emissions that contribute to climate change
- Boosts the economy of the UK, something that has become even more urgent in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic
Since 1918, Lantex has been a proud UK manufacturer of bespoke textiles and our reputation in the field is unmatched. Our purpose-built, state of the art manufacturing facility is located in the centre of East Lancashire, for centuries a traditional cotton and textile heartland.
All of our products, from tea towels, tablecloths and napkins to cushions, aprons and bags, proudly carry a 'Made in the UK' label. We invite you to browse our website to discover the complete collection of textile goods available from Lantex. Do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our dedicated customer service team to discuss your unique requirements. Buy British!